Sunday, October 01, 2006

SIXTY-FIVE ALIVE

I have one older brother who is still living. He is two years older than my twin and myself. In just a couple of days he will turn sixty-five. I would kid him about it but I know that my twin isn't far behind. Poor fellow! Sixty-five used to be considered as being old. Not now. That's the good news about becoming sixty-five. I remember our Father asking me years ago, "John, when did I grow old?" I told him that he wasn't old yet. Now that my older brother is turning sixty five, I wonder if he has asked that question of anyone. I doubt that he has because he is still acting young. As he goes on before my twin and myself, he gives us a glimpse of how hard or how easy becoming older might be. I guess I better turn up my hearing aids so I can hear him if he starts to tell me all about life at his age. By the way, before I forget it, Happy Birthday, Kenneth! And, many, many more.

No comments: