Friday, October 27, 2006

IT'S FOR YOU

When the telephone rang late yesterday afternoon I wondered who it was. The voice on the phone was reminding me that I have an appointmentat 10:00 a. m. today where I bought my hearing aid. After I hung up, I started thinking about what had just taken place. Why would I need a call to remind me about an appointment? One of their business cards has the date written on it so I can refer to it, so why call? Because I had forgotten, that why! I'm glad I got a wake up from their office. When it comes to prayer and Bible reading I sometimes think I need someone to give me a call to remind me that I need to read The Bible or pray. It is so easy to push prayer and Bible reading aside, isn't it? That's why God has placed something down inside our souls to help us remember to pray and read The Bible. We dare not ignore those reminders that can pull is into prayer and the word of God. It helps us to be better and do better each and every day. So the next time you feel a need to pray or read The Bible, don't put it off, instead, go down on your knees and turn to the best book ever written. After all, it's all for you.

No comments: