Thursday, October 26, 2006

BYE TO THE PIE

The telephone rang late this afternoon. It was a call from a friend of our daughter telling her she
was bringing a pie over in forty-five minutes. How nice of her to think of baking and bringing a
pie to our house. Being the guardian of my family, I knew that it was my responsibility to taste
th first bite. I wouldn't want them to get ill just in case the pie wasn't really ready. With a great
deal of skill, I took a taste and then a second, and a third. You can't be too sure these days, you
know. Well, I am delighted to report to you that they are safe to eat the rest of the pie now. It's
not only safe, but marvelous!! So marvelous, I may have to reinspect it before turning in for the
night.

BACK BY POPULAR REQUESTS:
If the wonderful, beautiful person who made the marvelous pie happens to read this and ever feels a need to make another pie for our daughter, it would be okay. Hint - hint.

No comments: