Wednesday, September 20, 2006

LONGINGS

Some words I heard at The Cove a few days ago were spoken by a grandson of Billy and Ruth Graham. We were told that his Grandparents are doing quite well considering how old they are. We were told that often they just sit together holding hands and looking at each other without speaking a word. They just sit and hold hands. They don't have to speak aloud to be know what's going on down deep within their hearts.
The final words from this Grandson said something that will stay with me for a long, long time. He told us that they long to see Jesus and just wonder how long it will be before that happens. These words got me to thinking down deep within my own heart.
Do I long to see Jesus? Do I wonder how long it will be before that takes place? What
I really need to do it simply be still, be quite and listen. I think Jesus already knows what I feel and need without having to speak. That's what is so great about
having a long lasting relationship with the Son of of God. If you don't believe me, go ask Billy and Ruth Graham.

No comments: