Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Dash

While my wife and I were at The Cove last week, we met and heard Kirk and Deby Dearman from Franklin, TN. Towards the closing of their time with us, Kirk sang The Dash. The Dash refers to that time between our birth and our death and how we spend that time. Do we use the dash well or waste it? And, since we don't know how long the dash might happen to be, we best be using the dash well. My father is 94 years old. I'm 62 years old. Dad doesn't know how much longer he will live on earth, nor do I, neither do you. So, let's take advantage of the dash as long as we can and as best we can. Don't put things off that you want to do. Today would be a good day to get going. That's what I'm doing right now. I'm going to see two of my best buddies, Barnes & Noble. As for you, you might look up The Dash at a store or on the internet. It will be well worth your time. Remember the words of Henri Nouwen, "Life at it's longest is short." Go!

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

I'm jealous. I want to go to the mountains!