Thursday, September 21, 2006

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME

My wife has left me. Again. She does it all the time. She leaves me home alone while she shops till she drops. Then she comes home with the trunk of our car filled full of goodies for someone to carry in. Me. Trip after trip has to be made from the car to the door and on into the house. Then someone has to put all these things away. Me. I wonder how in the world this woman can get so much into the trunk of our car. I wonder why she has to have so much. Then all of the sudden I see something she bought for me and all of the sudden I'm glad she is home and I'm no longer alone. She has bought me a new shirt, a new tie, food, mints and many, many other things. While I was home alone, my dear wife was shopping for me. Oh me, I better be nicer and tell her more often how much I adore her and that I'm so glad she is at home in my heart. You see, my wife is always thinking of others. She is always thinking of what they need or what they want. I'll tell you what I want. I want my wife home so I can hug her (after I've looked in the shopping bags), I want my wife home so can tell her I love her, even if she will look me in the face and says, "It's all about me, isn't it?" Yep!

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

Ahhh, how sweet.