Wednesday, September 27, 2006

ARE YE ABLE?

When I got ready to go down some steps a few minutes
ago I couldn't find my cane. It's my best looking cane,
my Sunday go to meeting cane, named Able. Able helps
me walk due to the fact that I have M. S.. I have another
cane, Protecter, that I use most of the time here at home,
It's like me, all bent out of shape and tired.
I have retraced my steps with my Protector looking for my
new cane but thus far haven't been able to find Able anywhere.
As I walk from place to place looking for the lost, I find myself
wondering how I could do something like this. Maybe Able
isn't able to walk with me today. Maybe Able is resting or
playing hide n' go seek with me. When I see one of my other
canes I ask, "Are ye Able?" "Nope, Dope!" I hate to say it but,
maybe Able has run away! Until I find Able, I will walk with
Protector by my side. We're friends from way back, you know.


NEWS FLASH ! ! !
"I once was lost, but now I'm found..." Able was in the bedroom
of our son. Anyone or anything could get lost in there! Jimmy
Hoffa might be under his bed for all I know. I'm afraid to look.
Able asked how I was holding up. What a nice thing to say. Anyway,
Able will be able to let me lean on him again. He really
doesn't seem to mind. I gave Able a warm welcome and told
him to stick by my side as we walked off together again.

2 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

I liked this one a lot.

David said...

A funny and in a way touching post. I love the way you write without recourse to mawkish crap.