Tuesday, August 22, 2006

THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX

I have a small plastic box that looks like a crate. It has all sorts of stickers on it that indicate things to do and not do.
DO NOT DROP!
HOLD FOR PICK-UP
FRAGILE
KEEP DRY HANDLE WITH CARE
If you look at this plastic crate, you will see an eye looking out at you. Then if you touch the crate, you will hear a loud knock from within it and a voice calling out, “EXCUSE ME, EXCUSE ME, EXCUSE ME! CAN YOU LET ME OUT OF HERE?"
This tiny crate created a lot of questions for me: What do I need to get of? Who or what put me in this situation in the first place? How can I get out of this situation? Who can help me? Do you feel like a captive in a crate? Why? What are you doing to get out? Whenever I see this tiny crate up on the shelf in my study, I study it to see if I'm like that little fellow in big trouble. If I feel I'm free, I'm grateful. If I see I'm held captive by something or someone, I cry out to the Lord, "Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, can you let me out of here?" Most of the time it works well. At times, I find myself blushing because I put myself in that box! What a silly thing to do! I'm so glad God gets the key to the lock and lets me out and sets me free when I whisper a prayer or even shout out a prayer for help.

No comments: