Friday, August 18, 2006

FRIENDS AND FOOD GO TOGETHER

One of the things that thrills my soul is to have a meal with friends from time to time. Just in the past few days I have had the opportunity to be with a couple of dear friends from the town where we live. Hal and I met over forty years ago. I've conducted a couple of revivals for him and have always enjoyed his friendship. Paul and I met three years ago but bonded as friends right off. He was with me through some very difficult days as he advised me on what to do to survive spiritually and physically.
When I met with Hal one day and Paul another, I offered thanks for the food and for friends such as these two. Two songs come to my mind as I think of friendship: "Blest Be the Tie that Binds" and "What a Friend We Have in Jesus".

I thank God for giving me many friends through the years.

No comments: