Thursday, August 24, 2006

GREAT PREACHER'S I'VE HEARD IN PERSON

I've been blessed to hear outstanding preachers throughout the years of my life. My father saw to it that I started at an early age. I heard Billy Graham and W. E. Sangster when I was a child. Since I was a child, I've heard George Buttrick, Norman Vincent Peale, Charles Allen, Fred Craddock, Will Willimon, Leonard Sweet, John Maxwell, J. Ellsworth Kalas, James W. Moore and John Killinger.

The other day I was looking at some of their books that I have and realized that I have the autographs of Chalres Allen, Fred Craddock, Will Willimon, Leonard Sweet (even an email from Sweet), J.Ellsworth Kalas, James W. Moore and John Killinger.

Many years ago I heard Dr. W. W. Slider say at a Pastor's School that anyone who preaches Jesus is a great preacher. Well, I know Jesus is the greatest subject of any sermon preached. My hope is that I always life high the Name I love to hear, Jesus. It's not about me, nor is it about all the great preacher's anyone has heard. It's all about Jesus. That's what is so outstanding to this preacher.

2 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

When did you hear Norman Vincent Peale?

Jennifer Coomer said...

while in seminary in Naperville, Ill.