Thursday, August 24, 2006

HE WENT ABOUT DOING GOOD

I read in the morning newspaper that a dear friend of mine has died at the young age of 90. I met Mr. Kramer when I was a teenager. He was a member of the church my father pastored when I began attending college. Whenever he saw me he always asked how I was doing. He really was interested in knowing. He wasn't just being a polite person. He was an interested person. Little did I know that a number of years later I would become his pastor at the very same church my father served. Again and again he would ask me how I was doing. He would stand still and listen to every word I had to say as if I were the only person in the world. At that moment, I was. I've thought of Mr. Kramer many times through the years. I hope he knew how much interest I had in him because, he will always hold a place in my heart for being like Jesus "who went about doing good." Mr. Kramer left a good impression upon me. I just hope I can go and do likewise.

No comments: