Thursday, February 09, 2012

Bridge Over Troubled Water

I'm listening to Simon and Garfunkel singing Bridge Over Troubled Water and
other songs while working in my study tonight. I have so many memories of it
when I was much younger. These CD's belong to our daughter and are good to
hear again.
When I stop to consider all the bridge's I've crossed over troubled water, it
stops me in my tracks. There has always been someone there to help me make
it across those rapid and deep waters. Family, friends, faith, all these have helped
me with words, prayers, love, encouragement, etc. They still do. For these I am
so gratefull.
As my 68th birthday draws nearer, I reflect upon the many miles I've come thus
far in my life. I've been up and I've been down. I've been sick and I've been well.
I've been amazed at where I've been and what I've done. I've been amazed at where
I've not been and not done, and thank the Lord for leading me along the pathway's.
There is music in my ear's as I work sit at this desk, and there is music down deep
in my soul as I sing praises to the Lord. He has been my constant companion on
bridge after bridge. May I allow Him to direct my steps in the future.

1 comment:

L. Peyton Adams said...

Today is Momma's birthday, since she was born in 1917 when WWI started, I naturally thought of her as we loaded hay in the barn for the horse who cares nothing about what day it is only that she gets her FOODS! I found a scrapbook with John L. and Nancy sending mom a get well card when she was at Gray's parsonage in Eastern Kentucky. I thought of all of you then.