Tuesday, January 31, 2012

JUST ANOTHER DAY

My wife and I went to Nashville Monday for me to see my M. S. Doctor. He has been
my Doctor now for about nine years, and is always impressed at how well I'm doing.
He told me the same thing yesteray and encouraged me to exercise more if I can take
the pain. After telling him that I would, I asked him how come the two of us hadn't
changed at all throughout the years. He paused, looked at me and smiled. Then he
said something about all his gray hair, as if to say, "see what you've done to me!!"
After some blood work we headed across the state line back to civilization (KY)
but not before stopping at Cracker Barrel for supper.
Today I had an early morning meeting with someone at IHOP to talk over some
things about a college I attended a couple of years ago (I Wish). Then I had to stop
in at Barnes & Noble to read for awhile from a couple of new books I'm enjoying.
But before leaving, I picked up two more to brouse. I put them back down knowing
I don't need to buy them, although I most likely will read them some other time.
After my morning of being out and about, I headed home and ended up holding
Derby after he had had a bath. He was snug as a bug in a dry, warm rug while he
dried off and left me all wet. It's hard having a lap dog, laptop, newspaper and
telephone in my lap but we survived, even slept some (not much though).
Tonight I'm working with our Bible study group again since we start another
session Wednesday afternoon. Even if I am very tired tonight, I'm so gald I
can do all I do. Some sleep will restore my body and I will awaken to yet another
day and start all over again. After all, it's just another day.

No comments: