Saturday, January 28, 2012

NOT A GAME

I am through reading a book by Leonard Sweet, I Am a Follower, that has spoken
to my soul so may times that I must re-read it again and again. He is concerned
that those of us who call ourselves "Christians" are more concerned about what
it is to be a leader than a follower. The entire book seeks to have us reflect upon
how we should follow the only Leader, Jesus Christ. We don't need more books,
seminars or sermons. What we need is to follow Jesus more. In so doing, we will
help others come to Christ.
We all have played Follow the Leader" in our life time. But have we followed the
Leader named Jesus? It isn't a game. It's a life-style to get others on board as
believers. I challenge you to read this book because it will help you have a better
understanding of what being a Christain is all about.

No comments: