Saturday, July 09, 2011

SATURDAY SILENCE

I got up before 5:30 and took the two news papers to the back
deck to read them. Instead, I found myself staring at the gray
sky above and the fog. It looked so calm. Then I listened to the
silence of the early morning and thanked the Lord for another
new day.
As I drank coffee and read the papers, I placed a covering down
on the deck for Derby (dog) so he wouldn't get wet from the wet
deck. A few minutes after that I felt somehing on my left foot. It
was Derby telling me he was ready to come back inside. So, here
I am at the desk while Derby is back in bed beside our daughter.
Maybe I can get something done now.
I twisted and turned all night it seems. I think i had too much on
my mind to sleep well. Most of the time I sleep pretty well through
the night. Not last night. I'm glad it doesn't happen very often. It
could be too much coffee or too much rubert pie or somethimg like
that.
My right leg looks like it's all red from a fall a few weeks ago. While
it is healing and not hurting, it is amazing to see it like this. As the
healing takes places the blood goes down the leg until it's healed.
The small knot on my hip isn't as big as it has been but it's still
there. It reminds me of just how quick things change and that I
better behave. Well, try to behave. I walk with my cane most of
the time and try to watch where I'm going. I just hope it's not down
again.
That's enough stuff for a Saturday filled with silence. Soon the sounds
of silence will be replaced with the sounds of traffic, people, tv, and
things like that. As Paul Harvey would say, "Good day."

No comments: