Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Station

I went to Barnes & Noble to relax awhile this morning drinking coffee and
reading. I got off in a corner and spent some down time to get me back up.
The Lord gave me guidance as I walk throught the valley of the shadow of
death. I found comfort in Christ as I read, reflected, prayed & thought of
all that's coming up over the next few days.
There is so much to do and so many things we want to say as family and
friends gather to celebrate Harold's life. We will all need an extra dose
of Divine comfort and bidding. We have laughed and cried at our house
and in our hearts over the past hours. We have looked backwards and we
have looked forward. We have found rest and we have been stressed but
most of all, best of all,we have God's Word to be faithful in tough times.
While we pack up for our journey, we remember how Harold packed his
spiritual suitcases long ago so that he would be ready to catch that Gospel
train when it pulled into the station. May we all learn a lession from someone
who has aready arrived at his final resting place, the arms of Almighty God.
Now, Harold waits for all of us to come home, come home., all ye who are weary,
come home. The porch light is on and the Father waits at the door.

No comments: