Saturday, March 26, 2011

AUNT MYRA

I preached Aunt Myra's funeral yesterday at the church where I took Janice
to be my wife 42 years ago. I told them that I got two mother-in-law's, my
wife's mother and my wife's Aunt Myra. She was just like a second mother
for Janice and her sister Wilma.
I even sang: "Aunt Myra, Aunt Myra, my herats on fire for Aunt Myra..." We
got a good laugh out of that. Our daughter shared some thoughts about how
she though Aunt Myra did magic because she seemed to show up almost
anywhere, any time. She was always there with her sweet smile and her
sweet spirit. Wilma shared about Aunt Myra's Christmas dinners in their
basement year after year and how she had so much good food.
It was a high honor to preach about an angel named Myra. It is also a
high honor to still be married to Janice Kay Addington Coomer.

No comments: