Thursday, February 17, 2011

THE JOURNEY ISN'T FAIR

There is a chapter in the book Hither & Yon by Becca Stevens that speaks to my
soul this morning. The chapter simply says that the journey isn't fair. We've all
said or thought that at one time or another, for one reason or another. Right
now my twin brother and his family are struggling with his stroke and fall a few
day's ago. Why this? Why Harold? Why both things? Why one step forward and
two steps back? And I ask, why not me instead of Harold?
I may be wrong, but I think if Harold could say something about all of this he
would say he is in the hands of the Almighty and the helping hands of family
and friends and that will be strengthened by this struggle and so should we.
Harold has come a long, long way on his journey to recover again and again.
He hasn't given up yet. So, why now? And us? What about us and our journey?
Why the journey isn't fair, it's the journey we're each on. Walk forward in faith
and keep going, climbing, searching, praying until our journey is over. For now,
keep looking forward and live in love for life because most of the journey is well
worth it all.
As you journey, keep the SON in your eye's even when the sun isn't shinning.
That's what I want to do and what my twin brother would want you to do.

No comments: