Sunday, December 05, 2010

CHANGING PLACES

I'm in shock while writing this blog on a Sunday afternoon. While
I'm here at home in my study, my wife is at Barnes & Noble!! It's
my Sunday afternoon space to read while sipping some coffee. I'm
sipping coffee at my desk while listening to Christmas music and
suffering the internet instead of being at B & N. I'm sure she just
needed to do what I do sometime by being in slow-motion on a
Sunday afternoon. Changing places is a good thing at times.
Wednesday night is Charge Conference at Broadway and I have
to hand in a report of what I've been doing during the year. I've
preached 12 times, spoke to the Stephen Minister's once, led a
growth group for several weeks, visited rest homes and hospitals
monthly and helped with Communion every Sunday at the 8:15
service as I assist our senior pastor. My wife and I also attend
the 9:30 contemporary service and serve Communion three
or four times per year. I'm "on call" every month for hospital
calls as my way of taking some of the load off other staff members
who have other things to be doing, I wish I were able to do even
more than I do.
Since I'm sleepy and it is three, it's nap time before somone
wonders where I am and wants me to do something for them.
Excuse me, I have some undercover work to do.

No comments: