Friday, September 24, 2010

MY DAY OFF

Yesterday I spent some time at Barnes & Noble reading books. I finished one book and
picked up a 200 page book just to see if I wanted to read it. In less than an hour I had
read the entire book because I couldn't put it down. I may go back and buy it today.
My wife and I then went out to eat lunch before going to buy shoes for me. Now that I
have Sunday shoes, I can't wear the new ones today. So sad since I thought these shoes
were made for walking. If I wear them today, my wife will tell me to start walking and
don't come back!
Right now it is wonderfull out on our deck out back. It's cool and quite. I love to drink
my morning coffee. read the newspaper and use the laptop before much else happens.
Derby Pie loves to watch people pass by. There is one man who stops at the fence and
gives Derby a treat. Derby doesn't bark at him like others who don't stop and give him
a treat. It's fun to watch how he acts outside. Yesterday he started barking while looking
at the fence in front of where I am on the deck. I didn't see what he was barking at
until I realized my wife I placed something new in the garden that I hadn't noticed. But
Derby did. Bark - bark -bark until I took him over to it and touched it so he could see
it was ok. He stopped barking after I did that.
I'm out of coffee so I'll stop writing and go get a refill so I can get back out here and
relax before my wife hands me my work shoes.

No comments: