Saturday, August 07, 2010

"A KEEPER"

When I was ordering coffee at Barnes & Noble this morning, the woman taking the
order asked me something, twice. I didn't hear her either time. When I did, I told
her my wife was thinking about getting rid of me or the hearing aids. She said, "I
think you're a keeper, she can always get better hearing aids." I then told her we
would celebrate being married 41 years Monday, so she was stuck with me.
As for the hearing aids, they work just fine. It's just that I'm not paying much
attention when someone speaks. As for me being a keeper, that's a bigger issue.
My wife keeps me busy. My wife keeps me waiting. My wife keeps me from
driving too fast. She is the keeper when it comes right down to it!
I'm keeping my wife after all these years because she needs me. I'm keeping
my wife because she loves me, for better or for worse. Besides, I love her too
much to start over.

No comments: