Monday, May 17, 2010

MYSTERY SOLVED

At the ending of another day, I'm out back on our deck looking at the changing
clouds high up in the sky. "Now you see it, now you don't" is what I'm thinking
as the clouds come and go so quickly. I see the sun going down on the other
side of the pine trees at the fence. What a sight!
I trimmed bushes early this morning before it got too hot to work with them.
After picking up and putting away, I was on my way to read and sip coffee
while reading a mystery that has me in it's grip. It amazes me that there are
so many myteries to read. Where do all these thoughts come from is a real
mystery to me. Then there are movies and tv shows, etc..
I needed a day like today. My wife and daughter were both in Nashville so
I did pretty much whatever I wanted and needed to do. I even baked a cake
for my family while they were gone. The mystery of the missing cake has me
wondering who slipped into the kitchen and had a big piece of it. But when I
followed the crumps though I found the Crum who did it, he was staring at me
in the mirror asking, "Got milk?" Guilty as charged! I say. Mystery solved.
Well, the sky is getting darker at dusk so I better go see if there is a good new
mystery on tv tonight for a tired old man whose bones are in need of some
Ben Gay at the close of a great day. I'll leave the porch light on for you.

No comments: