Friday, February 05, 2010

CELEBRATION OF LIFE

There was a full house at the CELEBRATION OF LIFE service for Lonnie Stauffer
last night at Broadway Church. It was wonderfull to see so many friends of his at
the service. The music was wonderfull, the message was just right. But the best was
when people went up and briefly shared something about Lonnie.
There was humor mixed with the sadness. There was a feeling that we've all lost a
very dear friend. And we have. What a witness of the lives Lonnie touched in so
many ways.
While I listened to what was being said, I wondered what people will say about me.
I'm not trying to say what they should say, I just wonder what they will say. With
that in mind, I better be on guard to make sure it's all good.
As I was leaving, a man whispered in my ear, "I appreciate you." I almost fell over.
What a nice thing for Mark to say to me. He didn't have to say that at all but he
did. It came from his heart and it touched my heart. I told him that I appreciate
him too. And, I do. and so many others. Maybe Mark's words sparked more words
from my lips to tell others I appreciate them. With that in mind, I appeciate those
who take time to read my words from time to time.
Go out today and CELEBRATE LIFE. The last time I saw Lonnie was when I saw
him in the hospital. I had hoped to see him again soon. Now I hope to see him again
one of these days where CELEBRATION OF LIFE takes place all the time in the
Name of the One who gives eternal life.

No comments: