Thursday, January 28, 2010

Something to Celebrate

Last night we celebrated moving to Bowling Green six years by going out to eat. We are
right at home on Grider Pond Road. While we've had to make several changes inside &
outside, we're very well pleased here. Being back in Bowling Green is best of all. My wife
said she has lived here longer than anywhere else as an adult. That's because the longest
we lived anywhere since being married forty years ago has been five years, but we did
that four different times and places. So, there is no place like home sweet home.
Yesterday we went out for breakfast and then to Barnes & Noble. We needed a slow
down day after stripping so much wall paper in the master bedroom. The next thing
will be covering up nail holes and getting ready to place primer on the wall so we can
paint over it. I hope we have it done rather than doing it ourselves. I'm not a very good
painter.
Snow is heading our way they say. We might get up to 8 inches of the white stuff. I'm
glad I got a couple of books to read. I also doubt that I will be preaching Sunday. If
so, I hope the roads will be in good shape. It's going to be very cold Saturday and Sunday
so I doubt the snow melts very fast. Maybe I can build a snowman or a snow dog.

No comments: