Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"Got the Time?"

Last week my wife bought a new battery run clock for our bathroom. I put it on the
wall and went on my way. After a few days she asked me if I hear the clock ticking.
I told her that I only heard it in teh bathroom. That's when she and our daughter
said they could hear it in the master bedroom. She took the clock down yesterday to
take it back to Walmart.
This morning my daughter asked if I heard the ticking clock. I told her that my hearing
before the judge is Friday but the snow might cancel it out. That's one way to keep the
ticking time bomb from going off. By the way, what time did you say it is?
After I came home from getting a hair cut yesterday, I found my wife stripping in the
bedroom. Being the wonderfull husband that I am, I started stripping too. We stripped
wall paper on one whole wall and I have an idea we will be stripping again today. "Yes,
they call me the stripper" and I'm proud of it!
I read that we might get up to ten inches of snow Friday so I doubt I'll be preaching
Sunday at Sugar Grove. I'm glad I have another new book to read in the silence of
the snow. What's that ticking? I thought the dog didn't get ticks this time of the
year. That ticks me off!
ps: it's 6:00 pm & I've been stripping again today. I spray stuff on the walls and
then I peel it all of! The best part is when I am able to sneak in a short nap. Like
now.

1 comment:

L. Peyton Adams said...

Always nap when you can. You never waste time that way!