Friday, January 01, 2010

CHANGING THE CALENDAR

Before going to bed last night I replaced the 2009 calendar with the 2010 calendar.
This calendar hangs on the fridge in our kitchen. It has pictures of country singers on
it from the country Music Hall of Fame where a friend of ours works. He has given
us new calendars over the past couple of years and we always hang them on the fridge
in the kitchen.
How many calendars make up your life? This is my 66th calendar. Whenever we
go to Cracker Barrel Resturant I like to look at the calendars that show what was
happening the year people were born. My 1944 calendar has all kinds of information:
the cost of things, who was famous, who else was born on February 11, 1944. I don't
buy it since they don't have my name listed but they are still interesting to see.
2010 was celebrated all around the world last night as it became another new year on
calendars. As for me, I was in bed and sound asleep before 10:30. I knew that when I
turned out the light, 2010 would welcome me to another new day and another new year
in my journey called life. You see, it's not just the calendar that changes, it's you and me.
We're changing day by day, week by week, month by month, year by year. If you don't
believe me, look in the mirror. As for myself, I'm shorter, have less hair, my tummy is
bigger, but I've still got it! I just don't remember where I put it!
Happy New Year!! Have a great 2010 from start to end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post & nice blog. I love both.