Saturday, October 31, 2009

OUR SATURDAY DATE DAY

My wife and I spent most of Saturday taking things easy. We went to McDonald's
and then to Barnes & Noble. Afterwards we went to Logan's Steakhouse to eat.
I finished reading a new book by Ann Lotz and then started a new mystery.
When we got back home I was told of a friend who is in the Medical Center
and not doing very well. His parentsare dear friends from many years ago.
His father, Rev. J. C. Thorpe passed away awhile back and I couldn't attend
the funeral so I want to be with his son as much as I possibly can. He was
sleeping and no one was there to talk with so I left a note for his family.
I'm watching Western Ky Unveristy playing footbal and wishing them well.
Their Coach attends our Church almost every Sunday morning.
It's nap time but I have an idea the doorbell will ring and rings with trick
or treaters and I won't get much rest.

No comments: