Thursday, October 29, 2009

AUTUMN LEAVES

Today is the 30th birthday for our son. He is here sleeping on a couch and snoring.
Since I was up before 6:00, I fixed some sweet rolls for the family. If I knew where
teh candles are, I would put one on each sweet roll for him. Might melt the icing if
I did so I will hold off on doing it.
When I grow up I want to be as tall as Stephen since he is six-four & I'm so short.
Maybe I could get his good looks as well to boot! I wish his grandparents could
see him now. Only my dad saw him grow to be so tall and good looking. We're so
proud of Stephen and wish him well on his birthday.
I worked on what to preach next month at the Retirement Village. I'm going to
talk about Autumn Leaves and how we change as we age through the years. I
am amazed at how fast each Autumn falls around so fast each year as I tear yet
another month off the calendar.Wasn't July just yesterday? Where did Summer
go?
I love to look at the leaves of all shapes and sizes and their stunning beauty each
fall. Trouble is, they fall and they fall and they fall and someone has to rake them
all up or ride over them with a lawn mower.I'll let James do that for us since my
wife took my mowing license away from me last year. That's what happens when
you get almost as old as my oldest brother. Right,Ken?

No comments: