Wednesday, September 09, 2009

CHARGE IT

Every now and again I hear a small sound in my ears whenever my hearing-aid battery
is needing recharged. I just heard it in my left ear. Before bed, I'll put them both in the
device to recharge them tonight.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if there were such a spiritual device that would alert us that
our spiritual batter needs recharged? There is. It's called a conscience. It's called a
poke in our spiritua ribs somehow, for some reason. God gets our attention when we're
too busy to be bothered in one way or another. It happens to me too often but I'm glad
God taps me on my spiritural shoulders to get my attention. It works very, very well.
At times it's something someone says or does that stops me in my spiritual tracks. And
at times it is sheer silence where a whisper in my spiritual ear gives me a wake-up call.
However and whenever it happens, I want to respond and get recharged before I'm all
out of power. Don't you? Just say, "Charge it."

No comments: