Saturday, August 15, 2009

PICNIC AT THE PARK

We're going to Elizabethtown to a family reunion today. The Addington side of our family
meets every August at a lake where there is a great picnic area inside a shelter. A cousin
owns the place and invites us there each time. His mother is under hospice care and so
we're hoping he can still show up. I was their pastor many years ago when I was at the
big city of Cecilia.
Since I've been in the family for forty years, it is amazing how many of the family members
are no longer with us. That's why these times together are so imortant. I know of one who
was with us last year who has since died. We will miss her being there today. It isn't all
the food and having such a great place to gather as it is family gathering for hugs, story
telling and keeping up with one another. I'll be glad to be back home late this afternoon
but it will be a day well worth having.
Aunt Alice would be lovng on each one of us and kidding with us if whe were with us
at the picnic at the park today. You know what, she will be with us in our thoughts,
prayers and spirit. I can hear her now yelling out, "Let's eat! I'm starving!" To that
I say, "AMEN!!"
UPDATE:
We had a great day at the picnic at the park with relatives. We saw some people we
hadn't seen in several years. After the picnic, we stopped to see Aunt Alice. She
wasn't aware that we were there at all. I had a prayer for her and left her in the
hands of the Almighty. I'm sure we will be seeing some of them again soon as we
gather to say goodbye to a dear woman.

No comments: