Tuesday, April 14, 2009

300 WORDS ABOUT THE WORD

I'm having trouble writing a short statement about my preaching for forty four years.
It is due Friday for it to be published for Annual Conference. I can only use 300 words
to say what I want to say. That's hard for a long-winded preacher like me. I heard your
"amen!" How does one make a mini-message to pull 44 years together?
To top that, they want a picture of me. Which one? I have one out in front of my first
church that shows a good looking young preacher. I have one standing by Bishop King.
My daughter says I'm cuter than he is. Don't tell him! By the way, she is right. I have
showing me looking like Tarzan. I look like a wild man. Me Tarzan. Anyone seen Jane?
Maybe I should send the one of me in my pj's standing by my mother when I was 15
years old since I once preached at Broadway in my pj's. Not!! Bishop Spain thought it
was creative. That's the seal of approval for me.
300 words can be said in one, WONDERFULL! Wonderfull because of a WONDERFULL
SAVIOR! I can talk about that forever because "this is my story, this is my song, praising
my Savior all the day long." Amen & Amen. That's all folks!

No comments: