Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Waiting Room

Yesterday morning while I was in the waiting room while my wife was having eye
surgery, I didn't need a book to pass the time. The small area was over flowing
with people. Everyone was older than my wife and myself. Everyone was looking
at everyone else. Every now and again someone would say something to the
strangers seated near by.
Most of the talk was about having the weather or some health issues. One woman
is a cook at a resturant in her home town. She got all of us hungry as she described
the dishes she prepares daily at the diner. Another man got to telling jokes and
had all of us laughing so loud that the staff had to get us to calm down.
When we were leving I thanked the man who told the jokes for keeping us entertained.
He replied by wishing us well. When I take my wife to the Doctor's office for a follow
up this morning, I sure hope I see some of these people again because we're friends
who met in a waiting room yesterday morning.
Just back from seeing the Doctor. My wife has the 2nd one done next Monday bright
and early. I sure hope the waiting rooom will be as entertaining as the one yesterday.

No comments: