Friday, December 19, 2008

WHAT I'M READING

Yesterday I read The Christmas Sweater written by Glenn Beck. I couldn't put
it down. It took awhile to read it but I stayed with it and am glad I did. I saw
so many rear-view miror things as I read this small book with a big message.
I highly recommend Beck's book to anyone. These days it's great to read a book
without profanity or off colored stories.
I'm still reading Eugene Peterson's, Tell It Slant slowly so that I get all he has to
say from it. He has a way of saying things that stir my soul and send me forth
seeking to be a better Christ-follower. I love to read fromit for awhile and then
take time to let what he has to say sink in down deep in my soul. Most all of his
books do that for me.
A few years ago a dear friend of mine gave my father a new Bible as a gift. It is
a Revised King James edition of The Bible. Dad always wrote scribbles in the
Scriptures so I want to see what he has to say in this translation. I've aready
found sermon outlines and one or two other notations that I find precious. Dad
died last June at the age of 96 but he still speaks to me through this means.
I already have my eye's on a couple of books I want to read as soon as I can get
out of the house and read them.Till then, I'm writing a book entitled, Down and
Out Because I Can't Go Out. (I broke my right foot 15 weeks ago and have been
in a cast and now in a boot for a few more weeks.) Or, All I Want for Christmas
Is Freedom from a Broken Foot.

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

All I want for Christmas is a heal sciatic nerve and a healed fractured ankle. I'm tired of my boot, too! I don't know how you've done it after 15 weeks!

I'm glad you enjoyed my Glenn Beck book...that you read in ONE day...And I've only read about 3 chapters of. Teach me your ways...