Thursday, December 04, 2008

AFTERNOON APPOINTMENT

I have an appointment today at 3:00 with my Distrist Superintendent to talk about
several things. The most important thing will be my retirement after 44 years as a
minister. My twin brother and I both will retire at Conference in June. It is hard to
believe that Harold is so old!
One of the gift's God's given our family is to be back at Broadway in Bowling Green.
I served as pastor for five many years ago never thinking I would make Broadway
our church home. But that is what Broadway s for us, home. We're so blessed by
the many ministries that take place week after week through this church.
I look forward to being back at the 8:15 a. m. worship service soon so that I can
be back in ministry after so many weeks off with a broken foot. It is a high honor
to consecrate and serve Communion so that the Senior Minister can leave early
and be ready for the 9:30 a.m. service.
This afternoon's appointment is approaching as I write this Blogg so I best be
getting up and getting on out because it's very, very important appointment to
keep. Maybe my D S will give me appointment!

*Update: I had a good time with my D.S. yesterday. I didn't ask for an appointment
nor was one offered to me which is just fine. If I'm needed, he has my number.

No comments: