Friday, October 10, 2008

SPIRITUAL DIP-STICKS

I've been reading Faith & Doubt by John Ortberg as a means of spiritual heart cleaning.
Ortberg has a way of making me dig down deep in my soul to see what's really going on
in my life. Every now and again I feel a poke in my spiritual ribs that is uncomfortable
to say the least. Whenever that happens, I know I need to pay close attention to what's
going on spititually.
I have an idea that by the time I complete Faith & Doubt, I will be better off than when
I first began reading it a few days ago. My study Bible along side Ortberg's book both
are really great in helping me in my spiritual walk. Without taking and making time
for this time, I'm sure my soul would be drying up. So these two are books are like
spiritual dip-sticks to check things out. Is my faith low or is it high? Is it cold, cool or
hot? What must I do to correct things that need my attention right now? I have no doubt
that my faith will be firmed up if I don't just read another book or two but put into daily
practice those things that work. If I don't do it, I'm a dip-stick!

No comments: