Thursday, August 07, 2008

The Trick is Quick

I bought two books to take with me this weekend as my wife and I celebrate our 39th
wedding anniversary. While she shops, I will relax by reading. I've been wanting to
read, The Last Lecture by the late Randy Pausch and Ax . i .om by Bill Hybels. These
two books will encourage and equip me to live a fuller life.
We are going to Berea to spend some time together and see the sights. One of my friends
told me he was going to send her a sympathy card rather than a congratulations card.
I don't understand why he would do such a silly thing. Can you? Hush!
The trouble with buying books is that there are so many to consider. Whenever I can,
I read an entire books at Barnes and Noble while I'm there. It saves me money and
then if I like the books, I just might go ahead and buy them. Maybe I should write a
book about the books I've read for free at Barnes and Noble. How's this, The Trick is
Quick.?
You know, I think I will send my wife a sympathy card now that I stop and think about
it. Poor woman!

No comments: