Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"A SMALL, SMALL WORLD, AFTER ALL"

My wife and I had a great get away in Berea, Ky over this past weekend as we celebrated
our 39th anniversary. We ate far too much and saw sight after sight after sight. While she
was in a small shop, I sat down out on the front porch to wait. There were two other men
there as well. One of the men asked where we were from. When I told him he threw both
arms up in the air and said he was from near there! Then he said they had just gotten a
new pastor. He stared to tell me the pastor's name but couldn't remember the last name.
That's when I told him his new pastor used to work for me and I have preached for him
a number of times at his former church when he was away. What a small world!
On our way home we stopped to see my step-mother and to go by the cemetary where
my dad and mom are buried. It was our first time to be there since dad died in late June.
Needless to say, it was a moving moment for both of us.
We're glad to be back home with our family following are few days away. There's no place
like home in such a small, small world.

No comments: