Thursday, August 14, 2008

ADVANCE WARNING

I finished reading The Last Lecture, last night. I recommend this 206 page book by
Randy Pausch. Often I found myself pausing to think about what I had just read. I
circled the page number so I can go back and re-read that page again. As I was
reading I found myself looking in rear view mirror of my life to see some things I
had forgotten or needed to see again.
Randy Pausch had advance warning that he wouldn't life a long life. With that in
mind, he sought to live life to the fullest rather than have a pity party about his
passing soon. In looking back in his rear view mirror of his own life, Pausch was
able to celebrate so many things that he had done or said. He also was able to
see some flaws that he had but he didn't dwell on them long enough for them
to pull him down. We all could learn from that lession, couldn't we?
God's given each of us advance warning that we too will die at some time. What
we need to do is to enjoy each day and be ready for the last day of our life. While
we might not know when that day shall be, we can know the One who gives us
the days of our lives. Let us live them with great gusto!

No comments: