Friday, February 01, 2008

What I'm Reading and Re-Reading

I finished reading The Shack last night. It is one of those books that I will want to read again
and again. At times I had a hard time connecting all the dots. I had to re-read a page or
even a chapter but by staying at it, it all made sense. I'm sure I will re-read the entire
book again in the future.
Speaking of re-reading, I'm re-reading Who Stole My Church? since I read it quickly at
the bookstore before buying it a few weeks later. It says some things that would help
people understand why we worship in Church the way we do. The primary thing I've
gotten out of it thus far is that the Church has always been in change. If not, the Church
becomes stale and out of touch with the times.
I have some other books I want to read whenever I can find them. Two are by Leonard
Sweet and one is by Stephen White. The three are yet to be released as far as I know.
One is a mystery and the other two deal with spiritual things. I've met Leonard Sweet
and always look forward to what he has to say. I read Stephen White as a change of
pace. The main character in his books former wife has M.S., as I do, thus, it is interesting
to see how she is doing even if it is make believe. Besides, I love a good mystery!

No comments: