Tuesday, January 29, 2008

MY SPACE

They say to "let sleeping dogs lie." Well, "we have a problem, Houston." Derby, our
daughter's dog, has a habit of climbing to the top of our Living Room couch and going
to sleep there. While he looks so cute and comfy, he is leaving a lasting impression.
So, we have had to build a barrier to keep him from his perch.
Derby can't comprehend what has happened. His "my space" isn't his place now. So
he is back to his old ways. Derby will lie down at my feet while I work at "my space",
the computer. If he had it his way, he would be at my back on the clean couch. For
now he has to try not to be a problem puppy and be taught new tricks.
He is a lap dog for his Granny. He is a best friend for playing with his Grandaddy. And,
he is a spoiled dog for our daughter. We really don't have a problem, Houston. What we
have is a dog named Derby who is a delight! We're all s0 happy that he has such a space
in our hearts.

No comments: