Monday, February 11, 2008

BUCKET LIST

I turned 64 today. I'm 64 and wonder what's in store. I don't mean a department store, I
mean much more than that. I wonder what will happen in my life in the future. Will I be
able to keep on keeping on as well as I do now? While my walking presents problems from
time to time, thus far it doesn't hold me back too much. I may have M S but M S doesn't
have me. For years I have said I have M S. By that I mean, I have My Saviour and He has
me. What else would I want?
My wife and I watched Bucket List last Friday night. It is a movie about two men who
are dying and having a long list of things that they want to do before their deaths. The two
then set out to do several things that they had never done before. The movie makes you
think about the things that you've never done that you would like to do before you kick the
bucket.
I am working on a short list of things that I want to do before I kick the bucket. It isn't all
that easy. I want to create a list of things that are well worth while. From time to time I
will share some of these things with you. The first thing is to take a trip out West. There
are a couple of places I'd like to go and a couple of preachers I'd love to hear preach.
So, Happy Birthday John Coomer! There's lots more in store when you're 64!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go west young man go west and since age is only a state of mind you are young at heart. Happy Birthday dear.

Jennifer Coomer said...

"I could be handy mending a fuse when your lights have gone
You can knit a sweater by the fireside, Sunday mornings, go for a ride Doing the garden, digging the weeds, who could ask for more?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm sixty-four?"

Katie said...

Happy birthday, Rev. Coomer! Hope 64 is a good year!