Thursday, January 10, 2008

PREACHING

I am working with a new sermon for Sugar Grove the 27th of this month. Even though I
have a large file of sermons, I feel led to work with a brand new one for a brand new year.
One of the things I miss the most is not having to work with sermons from Sunday to
Sunday. It kept me on my spiritual tip toes in seeking God's word to proclaim.
I think I will preach a sermon entitled,"For Whom the Bells Tolls." I have two text that
keep speaking to my soul almost on a daily basis. I could preach the Lectionary lession
about Jesus calling the disciples to follow him but I think I'll follow these two text instead.
Since I have to study some Scriptures I better be getting back to work. The last Sunday
will be here before I know it if I'm not careful and I want to be ready.

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

You could put the movie (For Whom the Bell Tolls) in your Netflix Queue. I've never seen it. I'd like to watch it.