Thursday, October 04, 2007

LOOKING BACK INTO THE FUTURE

I spent some time out in our back yard today. While the three dogs played, I prayed.
While they chewed on their bones, I chewed on the Word of God. To be honest, the
Word of God chewed on me. I felt some pokes in my spiritual ribs from time to time.
The Message is the translation I'm reading along with one or two other books.It is
amazing how often I find myself refering to one book or another as the Spirit moves
within my soul.
Today's readings have led me to take a look in the rearview mirror of my ministry over
42 years. While it has been a pleasure, it as also been a pain. I see my successes but I
also see my failures. But most of all, I see God in the rearview mirror of my ministry,
from start till now. That's why I can safely say, this hasn't been my ministry, it's been
God's. For better or for worse, God's footprints cover my mistakes and God's grace
gives me a spiritual shove to keep on keeping on. So, looking back into the future, I
say, "next."

No comments: