Friday, June 22, 2007

PREACHING

Last Sunday I preached to 789 people in the three services at Broadway. It was a real honor
to share some thoughts about being a father. Several people have said how much the message
meant to them. That is what I wanted to hear. Any sermon should say something that people
need to hear.
This coming Sunday I will be preaching two times at Faith UMC in Bowling Green. My twin
brother was pastor of Faith when it was known as Kerr Memorial UMC. It has merged with
another church since he served there many years ago. I preached at Faith a few months ago
and look forward to being back again Sunday. I'm going to talk about some ways the church
can minister to the needs of people through what they say and what they do.
I enjoy preaching from time to time and I enjoy hearing sermons that help me in my faith
journey. I can recall many messages that I have heard throughout the years of my life. If
I can say something Sunday to help others grow in the faith, it will be worth it all and God
will be glorified.

No comments: