Saturday, June 02, 2007

DON'T HORSE AROUND

While I was at the eye doctor's office last Friday, I noticed that they team who worked there
all had on white shirts and black pants. Knowing that the woman who was helping me didn't
like the Friday dress code, I asked her what she had worn the day before. She told me that
she hadworn bluejeans. I asked her if she rode her horse to work. Without looking up at me,
she said, "No. That's to far out of town for me. Besides, we're just now get her broken in." It
then hit me that she wasn't kidding me. She was serious. She simply hadn't caught my joke.
I told my wife as we were leaving that I sure hoped this woman wouldn't wonder later how I
knew she even had a horse. And, that I hoped she didn't think I was starking her! I had asked
her on my previous visit who all the staff were dressed with the same outfit. She had told
me then and there that she hated the white and black outfit. I was just trying to carry on a
converation with her about what I had said before. From now on, I think I'll just keep my
big mouth shut and not horse around so much! I rather be safe than sorry.

No comments: