Tuesday, March 27, 2007

WARNING: GUARD DOG!

I think I'm going to attach a sign to our back door, WARNING : GUARD DOG! When I walked in the back door after doing some yard work, I saw something small and brown. Our daughter's dog, Derby, was snuggled up sound asleep with his head on her shoes. I wish I had a picture of it that I could post it on the outside door with words of warning: GUARD DOG! There are two Huskies outside but all they do is bark and lick. Lots of help they are! Derby is like a shadow. He wants to go wherever you go. We had a cocker spaniel named Rusti several years ago who went wherever we went. She was a shadow too! Derby brings back many memories of Rusti as he romps around the house right at your feet. Derby has learned to jump up on the couch and chairs already and even jumps from one into my lap whenever there's a snack of some sort. It may take awhile before the little feller is jumping up onto the bed but I have an idea he will do it before we want him to do it! So, if you drop by to see us, be on guard for the guard dog. Don't trip over our sleeping guard dog. He might bark at you and then lick you to death! You've been warned!

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

Oh, cute little Derb. So sweet.

(hey, um, he's brown)