Friday, March 30, 2007

CATCHING ON

One of the three dogs that dwell at our house ran away last night. I've tried to catch her five or six times but she always walks off. I'm too slow to catch even a walking dog! This morning I tried to lure her by feeding two other dogs some food. They were begging for it so much so that they were jumping up for it. While she watched what was going on, she chewed on an artificial bone while the other two dogs had the real stuff. Beats me! She is a stubborn dog with a mind of her own which says to me, "I'll let you catch me when I'm good and ready, old man!" News flash! Even while writing this my wife just informed me that the dog is in her crate! She simply walked up to her and she held up her wet paws as if to say, "I surrender! Don't shoot!" Maybe I need to stop trying to catch these dogs whenever they take off on me. They sure don't let me catch them! Maybe I'm catching on! Now I need to catch some rest after all I've had to do already this morning. I just hope my wife doesn't catch me before I can fall back in bed!

No comments: