Friday, February 02, 2007

"YOU'VE GOT MAIL"

"You've Got Mail" is one of my favorite movies. I love to watch it again and again. Yesterday I got mail. I got a get well card from a woman who had heard of my fall and broken ribs. A really nice note was written inside the card. Then there's the card with an old dog with a bandage on his front leg. Inside the card where these words, "Heal!" And a nice note from a couple from our church. Lastly, there was a card from the small country church where I preach from time to time. Last night I got to thinking about these get well cards. Someone had to take time to get a card, stamp it and include a nice note inside it. They didn't have to do it, but they did. They didn't have to think of me at all, but they did. "You've got mail!" means a great deal to me while I get better day by day. The message about healing is what it's all about, isn't it? These cards make me feel better. Much, much better.

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

That's one of my favorite movies, too.

I've seen the original, "The Shop Around the Corner". Not as good...