Saturday, February 24, 2007

I WAS WONDERING

Within a week two of my Minister friends have died. Alex died of natural causes, and Jerry died
of lung cancer. One was 60 and the other was 63, my age. Jerry married Janice and myself 38
years ago in a small country church. Wondering how Jerry was doing, Janice called to check on
Jerry one day last week. She prayed with and for Jerry over the phone not knowing he would
die within less than a week. It is hard to see someone die who has meant so much to you. You
wonder what else you could of done or said. You wonder why them and not you, You wonder why so young. You wonder how you can remember and honor them. Most of all, you wonder how it is that God gives those who believe upon His Son, eternal life so that one day you can be
with those who have gone on before. So, it's not a final farewell. It's a, "I'll be seeing you." That's the wonder of it all."

No comments: