Wednesday, February 21, 2007

AN ALARMING THOUGHT

Every few minutes I will hear these words: "Derby. Derby. Derby!" It's my wife trying to get the attention of our daughter's puppy, Derby. Derby has a way of getting into things that he
shouldn't be in. Most of the time Derby will stop what he is doing and behave. At times, Derby
will see what he can get away with before being stopped.
Wouldn't it be something if we heard our name called out every time we're about to get into
something we shouldn't? It is like an alarm system that warns us before it's too late. Come to
think of it, for some reason my wife calls out my name when I letting Derby do something he
shouldn't be doing. If I knew it was something really bad, would I let Derby get in trouble like
that? Not! I know both of us would soon be in the dog house for "time out." "Been there - done
that!" Derby and I rather be able to play all day and then take a nice nap after a nice meal. If
my wife needs to call my name, let be to the dinner table. Derby can come too if he will behave.

No comments: